As a growing staffing company, TeamWRX is continuously recruiting new team members for part-time, full-time, and temp-to-hire job roles across industries. The hiring process begins with potential employees submitting an application before signing up for an interview time on our website. Once confirmed, the interview itself will take place at a local Goodwill Career Center, and typically lasts between 30-45 minutes.
That small window of time is the most important part of the process to help ensure every applicant is a good fit for the team. That being said, it’s also the part that applicants are often the most unprepared for!
To help future applicants increase their chances of a successful interview, we’ve put together a quick list of tips to reference ahead of time:
- Research our company and the role that you’re interviewing for to make sure our values align and that your experience qualifies you for the intended position.
- Practice your responses to common interview questions so that you feel more at ease during the actual interview.
- Dress to impress! A polished appearance and professional attire is expected, and a mask is mandatory for your safety and the safety of others.
- Bring a valid ID and up-to-date resume for reference during the interview.
- Arrive for the interview on-time. We recommend securing your mode of transportation in advance, checking the weather and traffic flow, and arriving 10-15 minutes early to park, check-in, and use the restroom if needed.
- Leave your phone in your pocket or bag on silent mode until asked to reference it. Unless specifically requested, checking your phone during an interview is distracting and disrespectful to the interviewer.
- Keep your emotions in check. Everyone has bad days, but it’s important not to let personal problems negatively affect your attitude during the hiring process. If you need to reschedule, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
- Listen attentively, maintain eye contact, and answer questions to the best of your ability.
- Don’t lie about your work experience, references, drug usage, or any past run-ins with the law. Background checks and drug screenings are standard procedure, so when applicants lie, we find out. It’s best to just be honest; we will work with you to try and find placement regardless of personal history.
Keep in mind that we want you to get the job! Being a part of a team means elevating others and helping them to succeed, so help us help you by being prepared, present, and honest during your interview.